- I have been feeling both excited and guilty about the sheer plethora of awesomeness on offer at buffyversetop5 . I haven't read enough Buffy fic this past while, and this offers an excellent chance to get caught up. I'm feeling full of love for drsquidlove fic, Doritos on the Slippery Slope, which is funny and sweet Xander/Giles. For real.
- The season opener for Glee, which I have finally got around to watching, left me a little bit cold. They've ramped the autotune way, way up this season. I was also unimpressed that they'd given Santana a boob job (in the text, I have no clue as to whether the actor has also had surgery), and did a whole bit where Brittany was persuaded to falsely accuse the new football coach of molesting her.
- sound_of_bells has some interesting thoughts on Inception being the ideal fandom. Her thesis is that Inception's awesome world-building, but insipid characterisation, provides the perfect sandbox for fangirls to play in.
- There's been a few f-listies talking about relationship problems in the last couple of weeks, and the advice they've received has universally included 'relationships take work'. It's given me some thoughts about the ways that obvious, clear relationship problems and solutions are ubiquitous in both scripted and non-scripted television, and what impact that might have on our collective expectations of how we relate to our partners. And, some follow-up thoughts about what a tremendous douchebag 'Dr' John Gray is, and yet how his Mars/Venus claptrap has permeated pop-psychological understandings of relationship dynamics.
- inlovewithnight provides a whole bunch of recs for the no_tags anonymous bandom fic exchange. Night writes beautiful, beautiful fic across a whole bunch of fandoms, and this persuaded me to give bandom a shot in the first place. Not that I'm blaming anyone, of course.