- Barb (rahirah ) has hit upon the cunning wheeze of the Nertz to you, Joss Whedon! Ficathon. An act of fannish protest against the forces of the comics, and the way that they are separating people from the goodness of the Buffy-verse, participants are invited to rewrite things in S8 that really, really bug them. For those of us who have banished the little of S8 we read from our minds, Barb offers a handy list of prompts. Apparently the wacky Dawn-times did not end with her being turned into a giant. Who knew? (Except for most of my f-list.)
- I did not like The Kids are All Right. Everyone in it who was not the titular 'kids' was a total horror, and turning the husband in the world's most stereotypical heterosexual relationship into a woman, does not render a film's sexual politics unproblematic.
- A year ago, I thought that everyone flailing over Yuletide was acting in an entirely incomprehensible fashion. Today, I read one of those posts of Yuletide technobureaucracy, about fandoms and characters and some giant list of names of things, and felt so excited that I had a head-rush. Fandom has turned me into a flail-er. I don't think that this is an entirely bad thing.
- I had to stop reading fanficrants because it made me too grumpy. I may need to stop reading fandomsecrets for the same reason.
- I only have three more episodes of Supernatural S5 to watch. I almost can't bear to do it, because then it will be over until the S6 boxset comes out. (On the plus side, I've just ordered Dollhouse S2, although S1 was pretty creep-tastic on the consent issues front. I'm not sure that I'm ready to be more disappointed in Joss Whedon.)